米娅眼睛里的世界
回复
头像
Mia2014
帖子: 1805
注册时间: 周三 12月 25, 2013 8:24 pm

《人类简史》的作者尤瓦尔·哈拉里:学习历史的目的不是要记住过去,而是要从过去中解放出来

帖子 Mia2014 » 周五 4月 01, 2022 3:28 pm

《人类简史》的作者尤瓦尔·诺亚·哈拉里(Yuval Noah Harari)昨天在他的Youtube账号发布了一个他在他的新书《Unstoppable Us》发布会上的采访视频。开头一段让我印象很深,分享给大家:

H:就在我们开始之前,让我们想一想所有乌克兰儿童,根据联合国的说法,每天有超过 70,000 名儿童成为难民,不得不逃离乌克兰,今天我们谈论的是儿童,我们正在谈论关于儿童读物和他们的教育,这是他们正在经历的痛苦经历,让我们记住它们。今天我们听说阿富汗高中女生被邀请回学校,但后来她们被告知她们必须回家,另一个令人心碎的阿富汗的儿童和女孩的故事。我们之前与 Yuval 讨论过这个问题。

Yuval,首先告诉我们关于这本书的事情,你对所有这些孩子有什么看法?

Y:嗯,我认为这些例子是非常痛苦的,它们说明了历史对现在的巨大控制,因为无论是在乌克兰还是在阿富汗或许多其他地方,我们就像是过去的死者发明的故事的囚犯。如果你问为什么不让女孩上学,这不是什么自然规律。这是因为人们在数百年前甚至可能数千年前发明的一个故事,它仍然主宰着我们的生活,如果你想想乌克兰的可怕悲剧,你就会知道你基本上是一个人把他的幻想强加给了数百万人,在他的想象中,也许第二次世界大战仍在继续,他有能力将他的个人幻想变成数百万人的悲剧。对我来说,学习历史的目的不是要记住过去,而是要从过去中解放出来。你无法改变过去,它已经过去,它结束了,做过的事情都做了,但你可以从中解放出来,创造一个更美好的未来,但这很难,而且作为一个历史学家,我认为这是我的主要工作和写孩子对我来说很重要,因为如果有人要真正改变世界,那就是他们。所以我认为我的工作是为孩子们写作,试图让他们摆脱过去的负担。

On March 31, 2022

H: Just before we start, let’s spare a thought to all the Ukrainian children who are becoming refugees according to the UN more than 70,000 children every day are becoming refugees having to flee Ukraine and today we’re talking about Children and we’re talking about Children’s books and their education and it’s a painful experience that they’re going through and let’s remember them and also today we heard that Afghan high school girls were invited back to school but then they were told that they had to go home,another heartbreaking story for children and girls in Afghanistan. And we were discussing this earlier with Yuval.

Yuval, first of all tell us about the book and what do you think about all these children?

Y: Well, I think that these examples are very painful and they illustrate the immense hold that history has over the present because whether in Ukraine or whether in Afghanistan or in many other places, we are like the prisoners of stories invented by dead people in the past. If you ask why are girls not allowed to go to school, then this is not some natural law. It’s because of a story that people invented hundreds, maybe, thousands of years ago, and that still dominates our life and if you think about the terrible tragedy in Ukraine, then you know you have basically one person inflicting his fantasies on millions of people and in his imagination maybe the Second World War still continues and he has the power to turn his personal fantasies into a tragedy for millions and for me the point of learning history is not to remember the past, it’s to be liberated from the past. You can’t change the past, it’s gone, it’s over, what’s done is done, but you can be liberated from it in order to create a better future, but it’s difficult, and as a historian, I think it’s my main job and it was important for me to write children, because if anybody is going to really change the world, it’s them. So I see my job in writing for children trying to unburden them from the past.

回复