帖子: 1810
注册时间: 周三 12月 25, 2013 8:24 pm

“假装在家里”的加拿大安省财务部长已辞职

帖子 Mia2014 » 周四 12月 31, 2020 3:54 pm

安大略省财政部长罗德·菲利普斯(Rod Phillips)从颇受争议的圣诞节南方度假回国后,在皮尔逊机场回答了媒体的提问。

刚看新闻,安省省长宣布,安省财务部长罗德·菲利普斯已经辞职。

新闻回顾:

12月13日,菲利普斯于前往圣巴特度假。当时安省政府的倡议是,不要做非必要的出国旅行。并且,多伦多处于“封城”状态。

12月24日,他的办公室在他外出时发布了许多推文和Instagram帖子,包括一个他坐在姜饼屋和一杯蛋酒旁边,感谢在挤满病患的医院工作的医护人员, 并称,“我们都为此圣诞节做出了牺牲。”

虽然看上去在安省,菲利普的行踪还是被媒体发现。媒体曝光之后,引起很多争议。安省新民主党领袖说他应该辞职。多伦多市长说,他要支持他的朋友,说菲利普可以在他岗位上做很多贡献。

12月29日,即周二,傍晚,菲利普斯为在卫生官员恳求安大略省人非必要不要出门的情况下,离开加拿大进行个人旅行而道歉。

12月29日,安省省长发表声明节选:

“ 在要求每个安大略人作出牺牲的时候,菲利普斯部长及其出国旅行的决定令我感到非常失望。
我已经让部长知道,他的旅行的决定是完全不能接受的,而且他或我们内阁和核心小组的任何成员都不会再容忍这一决定。 我还告诉部长我需要他立即回国。”

12月31日上午,菲利普到达多伦多皮尔逊机场,在机场对媒体再次道歉(见最后链接视频)。

12月31日晚些时候,安省省长发表声明节选:

“ 今天,在与罗德·菲利普斯交谈之后,我接受了他辞去安大略省财政部长的职务的请求。
在安大略省人民付出了如此多的代价的时候,今天的辞职表明我们的政府再认真履行使自己达到更高标准的义务。”

#英语# #安大略省# #加拿大疫情#
Dec. 13, Phillips travelled to St. Barts for the holidays on December 13.

Dec. 24: His office released a plethora of tweets and Instagram posts during the time he was away, including one where he sat next to a gingerbread house and a glass of eggnog and thanked healthcare workers dealing with packed hospitals, as “we all make sacrifices this Christmas.”

John Tory, mayor of Toronto, said: “It’s a very regrettable series of events, but I think people who know me know that I stand by my friends when they make mistakes and when they’re in trouble.”

Dec.29:

Phillips apologized Tuesday evening for leaving the country on Dec. 13 for a personal trip even as health officials pleaded with Ontarians to only venture outside of their homes for essential purposes.

Part of Statement from Premier Doug Ford:
"At a time when every Ontarian has been asked to make sacrifices, I am extremely disappointed in Minister Phillips and his decision to travel abroad.
I have let the minister know that his decision to travel is completely unacceptable and that it will not be tolerated again — by him or any member of our cabinet and caucus. I have also told the minister I need him back in the country immediately."

Dec. 31:
Phillips told CP24 at Pearson International Airport upon his return on Thursday morning:“It was a significant error in judgment – a dumb, dumb mistake, I apologize for it, I regret it.”

Part of Statement from Premier Doug Ford:
"Today, following my conversation with Rod Phillips, I have accepted his resignation as Ontario's minister of finance.
At a time when the people of Ontario have sacrificed so much, today's resignation is a demonstration that our government takes seriously our obligation to hold ourselves to a higher standard." 

Video:Ontario Finance Minister Rod Phillips answers questions from the media at Pearson Airport after returning home from his controversial Christmas vacation down south.

http://t.cn/A6qRK06S

头像
Mia2014

出国度假的安省前财政部长罗德·菲利普斯计划缜密,堪比诺曼底登陆

帖子 Mia2014 » 周六 1月 02, 2021 2:48 pm

新闻回顾:

12月13日,菲利普斯去加勒比海度假,他走之后,他的推特帐号发布的视频、相片,比如,家门口祝贺枫糖节的相片、圣诞平安夜在家里壁炉前祝圣诞快乐,并且背后挂着安省省政府大楼的巨幅图片参加网上会议 — 不过画面外传来海浪声... ... 让他看上去他还在家、还在工作中,但后来被媒体曝光。

29日,菲利普斯公开道歉。省长发声明表示愤怒并要求他立刻回国。

31日上午,菲利普斯到达多伦多皮尔逊机场对媒体再次公开道歉。晚些时候,省长发声明表示接受其辞职。

Rod's St. Barts ruse had more planning than D-Day http://t.cn/A6qm5LPm

头像
Mia2014

“假装在家里”的加拿大安省财务部长已辞职(续篇)

帖子 Mia2014 » 周六 7月 03, 2021 5:38 pm

现在他是Long-time care部的部长,重新被起用。

回复