头像
Mia2014
帖子: 1804
注册时间: 周三 12月 25, 2013 8:24 pm

'小土豆'这个昵称是赞美还是羞辱

帖子 Mia2014 » 周三 5月 08, 2019 3:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHu_vIEkWmU

'小土豆'这个昵称,自由党认为是赞美,保守党认为是羞辱。下面的对白是上面链接上的视频里,国会内关于这个话题的辩论。

Ms Freeland: He has been given a fond nickname in China which he is called ‘Tudou’ which I believe means ‘potato’ and he is, I can’t say the Chinese word, young Todou, ‘little potato’ because his father Pierre Eliot Trudeau was ‘senior potato’.
Mr. Poilievre: When leaders in China dismiss this Prime Minister as, quote, little potato. He thought they meant it as a compliment.
Speaker: I want to remind ** here for **: you can’t do indirectly what you can’t do directly so I’d like them to avoid terms that might be considered insulting.
Ms **: You rose, Mr. Speaker, in your role to say that you can’t do directly and you can’t do indirectly, namely I am assuming you mean insulting the Prime Minister by calling him little potato so I would like some clarity, we were not actually calling them little potato. We were however repeating …
Mr. Speaker: Clear enough.
Mr. Poilievre: The Chinese leadership has called our Prime Minister a name that is so insulting, you, Mr. Speaker, has ruled it unspeakable in this house. I will put partisanship aside, say, I will not stand for that kind of treatment for our Prime Minister, for my Prime Minister, so we’ll do the retaliation. We, all the government, do the right thing and cancel the quarter billion dollar gift to the China controlled Asian infrastructure bank.
Mr. Speaker: The Honourable parliamentary …. I think that everyone enjoys it. Order. Order.

回复